LA FARFANA WWTP
Smoothing the way to transform Greater Santiago’s WWTP in energy self-sufficient biorefineries by minimizing energy consumption for aeration of the biological process while ensuring effluent quality.
La Farfana serves the Greater Santiago area (> 6M inhabitants), together with Mapocho-Trebal WWTP. Both plants implemented CREApro® aeration control.
- Design Flow: 760.320 m3/d (3.674.880 P.E.)
- Biological reactor:
Plug-flow configuration – 16 units
- Aeration system:
– 6 x 1.600 kW turbo blowers
– 3-4 regulation valves/reactor
- Effluent discharge consent
TSS < 35 mg/L
COD < 125 mgO2/L
BOD5 < 35 mgO2/L
CREApro® platform fitted with self-customized process intelligence tools and editable control configuration settings : an every day operation control as well as a strategic tool.
Note: as initially the incoming load did not require the control to focus specifically on nitrogen removal needs, C-control was implemented. Due to increasing incoming loads, the system was since updated with N-control to adjust control loops in accordance with the current loads and consent requirements.
Intelligent control loops included and tailored:
C-control module, including:
– Dynamic DO setpoint strategy
– Aeration/non-aeration cycles
– Both independent for each lane
MOV-control module, including:
– Dynamic pressure control
– Dynamic valves opening degree control (MOV strategy)
– Energy-efficient blower management
– Management of flushing